Sunday, May 13, 2007

THE BUS RIDE TO SARIKEI

Let me take this opportunity to tell you the story of my bus ride to Sarikei. It'll be something like One day in my life : CRAZY DAY! I mean, at least the format shall be the same lar. Contents are different story lor... ^.^

The bus departed at 3 PM and reached Sarikei at 8.20 PM. Today I walked all the way home from the Bus Terminal in Sarikei and it only took me 8 minutes. So I was officially home at 8.28 PM. =)


#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
JOB OFFER

You wanna know what the funny thing is? I spent the entire journey back to Sarikei thinking in the bus. Deep thinking. It's about my career and the new offer presented to me in the past few days.

My mind is so jumbled up, I have problems making decision. Both has their advantages and disadvantages. If you really want me to weight them out, I'll tell you they weight the same. Well. Almost. *sigh* It's that bad. *pulls hair*

I need to sort them out before I can start blogging about it. Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
DRUNK DRIVER

Halfway through though, I noticed this sorta drunk driver driving a deep blue Proton Saga right in front of the bus. He was driving in a zigzag way and can really give you a heart attack when you are following him closely from behind. Several times, I saw near misses (of collision) when the car tried to overtake another car in front of it or when other cars behind it tried to overtake the blue Proton. We caught up to him about half an hour before reaching the Sri Aman's t-junction. Luckily, the bus driver today was smart enough to keep a distance apart. I think the driver of that car was drunk.

I heaved a sigh of relieve when the said drunkard drove all the way into Sri Aman and didn't turn right heading into Sarikei. That means we didn't have to follow him anymore. I didn't even notice that I was actually holding my breath till the car was out of sight. Phew!

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
STINKY AUNTY

Occassionally, my brain stopped thinking abruptly due to this disgusting sweat smell/body odour that somehow wafted to my nose.

@.@

Uwek!!!

I prayed for my poor self not to vomit right then and there in the bus. *shivers*

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
NOISY KIDS

When it's around 7 PM, the two damn kids in the bus suddenly became hyper-active and started singing and shouting in those weird dialects of theirs (bumis). At one point, it became so loud that I literally had to hold myself from scolding them. Their stupid parents didn't say jackshit about their unreasonable behavior even when their kids are actually disturbing other passengers from resting. Wei, it's dark already and ppl tends to doze off in the bus you know? Have some manners lar you blardy bastard of a jerk asshole parents! WTF is your brains goddamn it?! Cheebye stupid parents who only know how to make children but dunno how to teach nor discipline them! Farking retards! Ptuiii!!!!!

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
MOTHER'S DAYS SONGS

Those Chinese oldies songs singing praises and paying tributes to mothers all over the world. They are so touching that I nearly cried in the bus. Ma-deh. Really lost face if I did that. Later on everybody will think I'm siao or something. Haiya!

But hor, it makes me glad and full with gratitude that I have a mum. And a loving caring one at that. One that makes the home homey and cook lots of awesome-heartbreaking-delicious-homey food food! I luv you mum!!! *hugs*

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
STARRY SKIES

One of the thing I love about Sarikei is its endless skies of stars. Almost every night without fail (unless its extremely cloudy), you'd see stars stretched across the sky. As far as your eyes can see. It's breathtaking. One of the reason I can stay awake whole night during the bus ride home to Kuching is because of the time I spent gazing at the stars. I can look at them for hours and hours. Until my neck can't stand it. Only then I stop.

I wish I could take pictures of them. Sometimes I think to myself. I want to get a bf who can spend hours and hours star gazing with me. But in this time and day? A guy like that? Yeah right. In your dream lor.

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
NIGHT ORCHESTRA

Sarikei is full of insects. From the Bus Terminal all the way to my home here, I can hear the sounds of frogs, crickets and cicadas. They filled the night air with such loudness and clarity it's kinda annoying. I so hate them. Ugh!

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
EMPTY & QUIET HOUSE

That's it. I came back to an empty house. Quiet too. My house owner and his wife weren't home and so it was a silent welcome. -___-'' I'm so not thrilled to be back here. What a direct opposite compared to me going back home to Kuching. *sigh*

The End liaooo. Comments are welcomed. Questions too. I'm bored. Humor me. Puleezzzzz.

1 comment:

cc said...

I do a long of thinking whenever I'm in a bus too. My brain seem to be automatically switched on when I'm on board. The result? Missed my stop a few times.

Drunk drivers are all bloody idiots. In my book, they are no different from murders.