Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kurama's Voice Artist!!! Megumi Ogata!

OMG!!! I was watching Claymore episode 15 and I noticed something awesome to my great delight!!!

It's Kurama's voice!!!!! I'm sure of it! I'm ecstatic!!! I'm on cloud 9! I miss his voice so much!!!! That rich, deep, sexy, mysterious, worth dying for voice!!! I haven't heard it in years!!! I'll recognize it anywhere! Anytime! Yay!!!!!

Clare!!! Oh Clare! She lengthened her vocal chords to make her voice sounds deeper in her guise as a guy and it turned into Kurama's voice!!! I love Megumi Ogata! She's the voice artist for Kurama of the Yu Yu Hakusho Anime. She shot to stardom in her first debut role, staring as Youko Kurama aka Minamino Shuuichi in Yu Yu Hakusho back in the year 1992. Before the airing of Yu Yu Hakusho though, there were many protests from fans all over Japan. They didn't agree to the selection of a female Voice Artist to play the role of Kurama who was considered one of the important character in the Anime. Their protests turned into great admiration and approval once they heard her voice as Kurama. It's so captivating and no one can do it better than her!!! From then onwards, she continued to become the Voice Artist for various famous/popular Anime such as Sailor Moon and Magic Knight Rayearth (just to name a FEW).

OMG! I'm in crazy mode now. I kept repeating that part where Clare said the most sentence using Kurama's voice. *melts*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a big fan of Megumi Ogata too, since i heard her as Kurama, though it was Evangelion where i first get to know her. She's got a very beautiful, mysterious voice (especially when she plays those handsome mysterious guys such as Kurama or Yue)and i also like it, when she sings. Though she mostly voice acted as young good-looking boys, she also played roles of sweet pretty girls like in Rayearth or in Valkyrie. I think it's very pity that she acted in fewer anime than before, because she's concentrating on her singing career... Recently i caught her voice in Special A.
But i have to correct you on one thing: Clara from Claymore doesn't have her voice, it's another voice actress. Just check out on various sites.^^ Anyway, Let's support Ogata-san!!!^^