Thursday, July 5, 2007

fourth day at work

Today's the fourth day I started working in the new company.

I'm still shaking legs.

Surfing.

Reading newspaper. Borneo Post. The Star.

Then followed by CNN, Channel News Asia, BBC, New Straits Time (nst) etc etc.

I nearly read Utusan Malaysia and Beritan Harian. I said nearly! If I did, I'll kill myself.

I was so bored I nearly went bonkers. FYI, I have very low tolerance towards office works. I only sit in the office when there are paper works to be done. The rest of the time? I'd rather spend them outside the office - site works, meeting people, dealing... those stuffs.

My mind raced to find an excuse to go out! You know. Go out. Do something. Instead of sitting there, shaking legs! I'd finally decided to go to the bank. Needed to check whether my existing bank account with Maybank is still active or not. Otherwise, I'd have to set up a new account for my boss to bank in my monthly salary. I went to the 7th Mile's MayBank.

They treated me like a child. Just because I look like one. Fark them!

The damn counter officer made unnecessary remarks about my totally outdated AND closed account. Tried to LECTURE me for not updating my bank book.

I gave him a warning stare, and told him that I've just came back from abroad. With a heavy English accent. Okay. I lied about the 'just came back from abroad' story. So what? My account was already closed after I graduated and came back from UK. It's partly true! That shuts him up. Bloody asshole who looks like a cross breed of a mouse and a nerd.

With my account totally closed, I was forced to open a new one. Initially I thought I could reactivate my old account just cuz I like the account number. It has lotsa 8's in it. But no. They won't allow me to reactivate my account. Cuz it's CLOSED already. They said that they closed my account cause it has less than RM100 in it. If it has more than RM100 in it, they would have retained my account. Which means, if I had RM99.99 in it, the bank would have taken the money and closed my account anyway! I checked. I had less than RM2 inside. Muahahaha. Nevermind lar. Pity them. Let them have the money lar. Pathetic.

The bank officer who processed my application was a weird man-who sat next to the damn nerd mousie. With weird accent. And strange attitude. I totally don't understand him. He made a fuss when I couldn't provide him my company address. Acting cocky and arrogant and all that. Damn. I haven't got my name card. What does he expect? For me to memorise them?

He gave me some forms to fill. I called the office while filling in the forms, asking for the damn address. Gave it to him when I submitted the forms to him and guess what? He talked differently now!!! He said he's already got the address already. He called my office. And then he's all nice and good with me. After he called my office.

o.O

Do you see what I mean when I say they treated me like a kid? Damn.

And his efficiency doubled after THE call to my office. What does that tell you???

I hate pigs like that.

Which reminds me of my encounter while updating my bankbook, at the same bank. That was sometime in year 2000. The lady at the counter actually looked at the figures in my bankbook, stared at me, looked at my bankbook again, and asked me incredulously "Are you really working in this company??! This is your salary??!"

I rolled my eyes exasperatedly and asked her "What's YOUR problem??"

She smiled sheepishly and said "I just found it so unbelievable. That's all. Don't be angry yah".

Tulan.

Anyway, that's the bank story for today. Will tell you guys more bank stories next time. My other hobby includes frying bank officers for snacks. I stir fry them. I grill them. Why? They pissed me off greatly with all the stupid remarks that they made. I'll blog about it some other time though. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sigh..you ah... give them a break la... ;p