Monday, July 2, 2007

first day at work!

I reported for duty at the new company today.

I'm working in Kuching at the moment. The environment here is nice. They give me a huge room as my office (unlike my previous company, I didn't even have a room in Sarikei, all lies, empty promises, fcuk them). From my rough estimation, the room measures at least 12' x 12' in size. It was fully plastered (ceiling) and carpeted. I have my own telephone line, desktop, internet connection, air-cond, bookshelf, table and chairs. These may sound common but hey, after being deprived of even basic necessities such as these at my previous company, right now I feel like a dang thirsty human getting the taste of the first drop of water.

It was great!!!

I was then given a 1.5 inch thick document to read. It's the company rules book or something like that. I skimmed it through and somehow managed to remember the stuffs I may need during my stay in this company. No biggie. I can deal with that.

What I'm worried about is that I won't be getting my lappy! Cause they gimme a desktop and all that.

=(

I want a lappy I want a lappy I want a lappy!!!

Oh well. Screaming and wailing won't help. I submitted a requisition for it already. Hope they approve.

*pouts*

OMG! What if they don't??? I'd feel so CHEATED then!!!

*prays that THAT won't happen!!!*

The day went by uneventfully. I tried getting used to the room I've been given. Once in a while, I went out and chatted with the rest of the colleagues. I only tried surfing later in the evening, about 2 hours before office hour was over. I can do that everyday. Yeap. I can.

I don't like my Manager though. He reminds me of Mr. Mouse. Nothing similar physically speaking, but the way they behave... *slaps forehead* ... it's like they are twins. Haiyo.

Since my salary here is more than double of what I used to earn, my level of endurance should have doubled, right?

I hope so. Really. Honestly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the working world.. well not that I'm in one at the moment. hehehe