Friday, May 18, 2007

Songs I listened to when I was 18...

Hello minna. I'm back after gone missing for one day. Do you miss me?

*high hopes*

*sigh*

Maybe not.

I've been really down lately. Attempted to work myself to death several times. Somehow sweating and immersing myself deeply into my work seems like paradise lately. Something bad must have happened to my head, no?

Anyway, I didn't have the mood to blog last nite and so I didn't post anything at all. I settled into watching CSI Season 4 episode 22. Went to sleep straight after that. My brain's not functioning at all.

Logged on just now and found that Criz Lai tagged me again. =) Thanks dude. I needed the distraction, somehow. But hor, the title is a bit weird weird. It's about the hit songs I listened to when I was 18.

O.o

Um. Um. Ummm... I don't think I can remember. But maybe if I tried super duper hard, maybe... I'll manage to remember. Somehow. ^^;; Anyway, there are rules for this meme. Is this a meme? It is, right?

THE RULES:

  1. Go to www.popculturemadness.com
  2. Select the year you turned 18 (type the year in the google search)
  3. Get all nostalgic over the songs of the year
  4. Write about it
  5. Pass this tag onto 5 others

Errr... to be frank. I'm a bit weird. I'm not really into hit songs when they are actually hits. I only listen to them when the "heat" is over. Get what I mean? For example, the songs that were great hits in 1990? I'll only listen to them like 3 years after, when it wasn't as popular as before. Yayaya. I'm late in everything. Choy meh? *sigh*

*went to www.popculturemadness.com*

*browse browse browse*

*click click click*

O.O''

Okok. Maybe I did listen to them only that I didn't realize them. Here's the results :-

Un-Break My Heart - Toni Braxton
This is one of my fav songs. It's so blue, so sad, you feel like committing suicide if you keep listening to it. For a sentimental person like me, it's as if I'm re-living the experience whenever I listen to these songs. It feels real. I could feel the pain, the aching, that searing pain when the knife stabbed deep into your heart and pure, raw, utter darkness of loneliness that engulf you, trapping you forever in those misery.

*sigh*

Aside from that, this is one good song that deserves a good praise. It has so much emotions inside, you simply can't resist.

Wannabe - Spice Girls
Hahaha. The Spice Girls! That brings back memory. This song is kinda funky and it's very alive, full with vibrant energy and you simply can't ignore them. Rebellious bunch. Just like me. I like. Hehehe

Whenever I'm in rebellious mood, I yearn to listen to this hit. And it's no sweat cuz it was played almost on daily basis by all the radio deejays across the country. Spice Girls really rock back then babe! *whistle*

The opening is very very honest and straight to the point. No beating around the bush. Definitely my type. Hahaha

MMMBop - Hanson
Hn. Frankly speaking, the first time I listened to this song, I got so annoyed I walked straight from the living room into my bed room. I don't know why really, but I just dun like the sound of it. The wavelength is all wrong and no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't sync with them. *shakes head*

4 Seasons of Loneliness - Boyz II Men
This is one more song that screams the blues. Broken hearts. Loneliness. Black hole. Me like it. You get the vibes. Let's move on.

Candle In The Wind 1997 - Elton John
This song was one of those touching song that makes you feel all sad and lonely and makes tomorrow seem so dim. It was originally written in 1973 as a tribute to Marilyn Monroe, rededicated to Ryan White in 1990 and then in 1997, a remake was done as a tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales. She died in a car crash on 31st August 1997. On my birthday!! Ma-deh! That was one of the shock of my life. Instead of getting "Happy birthday" when I logged into mirc back then on 31st August 1997, I got a "wei, Princess Diana DIED oredi!!! Go check it out! Watch cnn news live!!!".

When I told my dad about it, he straight away brushed me aside and demanded to use the internet to read the BIG news instead of letting me chat happily away with my friends in mirc wor.

*sigh*

Me very kolien ler. *sob* *sob*

Barbie Girl - Aqua
This song!!! THIS SONG! It's my FAV!!! Muahaha. I luv it so much I went and BUY their album. CD. Original some more. Back then it costs a whopping RM42! I played the entire album songs everyday on my CD Player for close to half a year before switching to other songs. *thumbs up*

To The Moon and Back - Savage Garden
Haha! I remember this too. It's my number one fav. Used to sing along with it all the time. I think I can spend hours repeating and singing this song until I couldn't sing anymore. It feels so good. I'll imagine myself singing on stage in a rock concert. The only thing is, I couldn't dance. Didn't know how to. Still can't dance. Dumb!

What to do?! I have two dumb sticks as legs mar. Ugh!

Hard To Say I'm Sorry - Az Yet
I don't quite agree with this song lar. If sorry mai say sorry lor, right? But, I like the tune and the way they sing it. Whenever I feel blue, I'll play this song too lor.

Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
Oooo. This song I always play at night. Somehow, this song helps me to understand how my parents would feel, each time I grow older. Very touching song. *sigh*

How Do I Live - LeAnn Rimes/Trisha Yearwood
Oh babe this song rocks! But I prefer the version sang by Trisha Yearwood more compared to LeAnn Rimes. Trisha Yearwood's country type of singing really melts my heart. Until now, I still listen to this song. *melts*

2 Become 1 - Spice Girls
Oh. I remember the MTV. I'm lazy to describe here but I remember the MTV. Very deja vu feel to it. I miss spice girls!!!

Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls
This is the part about giving giving giving and never receiving anything in return that I so damn hate lor. Aiyah. I don't wanna remember this lar.

Coco Jamboo - Mr. President
This song is good for dancing. I always on it whenever I'm doing maths cuz the tune just made my brain cells race in order to compete. Hence, I finished my maths homework much much faster!

I Want You - Savage Garden
This song is hot hot hot. I like it so much, I tried to sing along but it's just too damn fast! So I online, looked up its lyrics, copy paste it and tried to sing along. I managed to get the timing right but but but! I ran out of breath 3 lines down the song. Pah! But hor, this song I still likey very muchiieee lar. Hiak hiak hiak...

Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls
Spicey. That's what I can say. The song did make me try to do silly things. Like, you know... stuffs that may spice up my life. Ahaks!

I Say A Little Prayer - Diana King
Ahhhh... Somebody say a little prayer for me now... =^.^=

Men In Black - Will Smith
Hahaha. Until this very day, whenever you mention men in black to me, I'll remember this Will Smith with a bunch of secret agents wearing all black suits, pants and shoes and ties and sporting this awesome cool looking sunglasses doing this group dancing. Very entertaining! I almost danced along. If not for my silly dumb legs! Muahahaha...

If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow
Hmmm. I like Sheryl Crow's country type sound and singing. This song is kinda sarcastic, no? At least I think it is. Luv it the first time I heard it. Is that luv at first hearing? ^^

Wah lao eh! Quite a lot hor?! I am quite oblivious then. About myself. Aiyoh! Is this really me talking?

Hello??

Uh. It's me. *weird face*

Ok. Now comes the tagging part. I don't normally tag, but I'll tag this time and see how it goes.

I tag...
  1. "maemee"
  2. Je5sie
  3. 5xmom
  4. wils0n
  5. Giddy Tigers
I'm not sure whether they will do this or not. But... I hope they do cuz I'm curious. Wei, just do lar okay. I so wanna know you guys!!! You do I mah know lor.

*waits patiently*

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tag. But I've actually already done it.
http://giddytigers.com/2007/03/23/musical-flashback

Next tag on me, okay?

CRIZ LAI said...

wakakaka...u r short of one now :P Anyway, u did a good job here. I can see a real mood swing here. Stay happy always Val :)

5xmom.com said...

Hahaha, this hor, is started by me ler.
http://mywomenblog.com/2007/03/14/the-year-i-turned-18-another-meme/

KiBiKiBi said...

giddy tiger : *disappointed* wokay. Will tag you next time then. ^^

criz lai : thanks crizzy! Hope you don't mind me calling you that. *hugs*

5xmom : *gasp* YOU! You have SO MANY BLOGS meh? Adoi! Terror lar you. Really damn terror.

to myself : *slaps forehead*

Aiyoyo! First time tagging already like this nyah. Sei loh. Me really hafta do homework before tagging ar? Aiyah. So ma fan nyah. Huhuhu... bad experience tagging peps for the first time.

*sulks*

-_-"

CRIZ LAI said...

Crizzy? hahaha...bingo... some of my friends do call me that :P

"omamee" said...

eh soli ar... but what do i do with a tag leh??? repeat the questions with my own answers on my blog ar??? hehehe...