Tuesday, May 8, 2007

matchmaking - a nightmare in the making?

GUIDELINES : stars denotes actions, italics denotes inner thoughts.

*mobile phone rings*

Me : Arlow?
Aunty : xxxx? You free or not?
Me : Why?
Aunty : Aaa... wanna talk to you lor.
Me : About wat?
Aunty : Remember the guy I told you about?
Me : ...
Aunty : The one I arranged for you to meet oneee...
Me : Oh... (you arranged more than one lar eeeeee I dun even know which one you're talking about)
Aunty : Well, he asked for your handphone number. Can give or not?
Me : Why?
Aunty : He said paiseh to meet straight away like that wor. With his mum and me around the two of you may not have much to say wor. So chat through phone okay or not?
Me : Message first lar. (paiseh to talk? What does he wanna talk about? Sex? Ptui!)
Aunty : Message?
Me : Sms. If ok, then chat through phone. If ok still, then meet. Simple enough right?
Aunty : Oh. That's good too. Make friends first ya.
Me : Yeah *very sweetly and politely* (of coz lar, there's no marriage at first sight lar -_-'')
Aunty : Actually like this. His Aunty asked for the place you work at. She wanna go see look see look first.
Me : HUH?! WHAT?!! (wah! You think I'm a merchandise ar? Can view first before deciding to buy ar? Biar betul! Cilaka punya lau-char-boh. See ah mu!)
Aunty : I didn't tell her lar. Not fair for you mar. So the guy suggested to chat through phone first.
Me : Oh I see. (Phew! But cilaka all the same lar. Either way, the guy just wanna see whether I'm pretty or not lar. If cannot see, then at least hear my voice and judge from there lar? Nabeh see tak poh!)
Aunty : So you agree or not?
Me : I prefer sms. And please tell him to identify himself. I don't take anonymous or hidden caller ids. And I never reply if I'm sure I dunno the sender of the msgs. I'm not that cincai ok.
Aunty : So I give him your phone number oh?
Me : -____-'' ok

*2 minutes later*

*mobile phone rings*

*looks at number*

Guess what? It's a local phone number. Not a handphone/mobile phone number. Sure enough his intention is to listen to my voice. I'm really very sien with guys like that. If wanna see mah meet lor. If wanna hear my voice mah meet lor. Why so po-mah and lo-soh like that. Plain stupid. Waste of time and money. I didn't answer the call. Rings only twice and then total silence.

I personally know quite a handful of guys who has the same calling habits. Rings twice then stop. Ma-deh. As if I have nothing better to do but wait for your phone calls at all times? You can wait till the moon turns blue in color ok!

My friends always ask me : Val, get a bf quick quick liao. What kind of guys are you interested in anyway? Nobody kao you meh?

Get bf quick quick? Ma-deh. You think get bf like buying sayur at the market ar? Kao me? Got. I'm not THAT ugly ok. But no spark mar. I don't wanna play with their feelings mar. If no feel, mah tell them early early no feel lor. Better heart broken awal-awal than heart broken at the very end of the road right? It hurts less and its for their own good. I'm not materialistic and I won't wear them down asking for expensive gifts and food. Although I'll get them if I really teh them. Wei! I also know how to teh one ok?

My answer to the type of guys that I like? Honest, sincere and understanding guys. Knowledgeable types attracts me the most. But not the snobbish types lar. No hanky panky. No beating around the bushes. And definitely not those clowns who cracks senseless no-meaning jokes at all times (even when the timing sucks) and degrade themselves further. AND definitely no ah guas!!!! I'll slap them first and then speed away and pray I'll never see them again for the rest of my life! Muahahaha!

On 2nd thought, I hope this guy does not belong to any of those groups. *sigh*

Otherwise? It shall be another nightmare in the making. Don't you agree? *sigh*

5 comments:

cc said...

Some people do the ring-twice-then-stop" trick to get you to call back so they don't need to spend. Cheapskate.

Better heart broken awal-awal than heart broken at the very end of the road right? It hurts less and its for their own good. I'm not materialistic and I won't wear them down asking for expensive gifts and food.

Good for you girl! :)

p/s: Hello! First time commenting. :)

"omamee" said...

[val] wei wei, if u dun mind me asking hor... how old r u ar? why ur aunt so gungho wanna match make u 1 (am sure she meant well)?

n i totally agree with u on the part bout being up front to guys if you don't like them. no point leading ppl on la... :)

btw, nice template u've got here... wanna ask u hor:
1. r u using blogger classic or the new one?
2. if using blogger classic, can teach me how to get the codes for recent comments ar?

kamsiah li

KiBiKiBi said...

cc : even worse. So kiam-siap! Damn sien guys like that. And thanks for dropping by and commenting!! ^__^

maemee : me? I'm same age as you. Old or not? kekeke... Most of my Aunts are very excited to match-make me. -___-''

^-^ Tenkiu! I'm using new blogger. Just try this site : http://beautifulbeta.blogspot.com/2006/12/recent-posts-widget-for-ftp-blogs.html

Hope it works. The guy writes lotsa good stuffs! I was lurking around in his blog for days before I got my new template! Glad ya like it. Hehehe

Anonymous said...

Aiya those people that ring twice either doesnt really wanna speak to you. Expect you to wait around the phone for the phone to ring. 2 rings is like, ok, i give you chance to pick up the phone dy..your fault for not picking up. ;p

KiBiKiBi said...

wps : Yalor! I agree!!! But hor, I dun agree on that part where it's my fault for not picking up. bleh...