Sunday, May 27, 2007

final decision

I've made up my mind. About the job offer. Finally! Last week I had decided to stay with the company I'm working with now. I thought I was through and through with that. And so I slept peacefully for one night.

The day after that though, I started having doubts. Now, as some of my readers asked : What caused those doubts?

That really got me to thinking. I thought I was firm with my decision. But I was wrong. Something wasn't right. I prayed for guidance from God. I was willing to accept whatever signs that God would throw my way. Anything! And yes. I was that desperate ok.

He answered my prayers. More like, he showed me a hint. A very important hint, that would guide me to the right path.

Out of nowhere, this question sprang out : If you reject now, how many years do you think you'd have to slave yourself before you reach the basic salary that they (my ex-boss lor) offered you?

I was totally dumbfounded. I wasn't aware of that. I didn't even take that into consideration! So I asked around. And I took every care to consult the most experienced Engineers (at least 15 years experience). Their answer? 10 years.

10 years?!! WHAT??!! I can't wait 10 years! Why would I wait 10 years when I can get it now? *vomits blood* I almost let a great opportunity slips right through my hands!!!

*bangs my head to the wall, table and floor*

Stupid!!! Baka! Tolol!

*took out a BIG calculator and starts calculating*

*took out a big blank paper, jotting down all details, painting the BIG picture and started speculating the reactions of Mr. Owl*

*took out another big blank paper and started calculating risks*

OMG! Lucky I haven't rejected my ex-boss!

And OMG! I really underestimated Mr. Owl. If I put myself in Mr. Owl's position, I wouldn't be worrying anything at all. Wanna know why or not?

Cuz Mr. Owl got Mr. Mouse mar. Since he's the Project Manager, with me gone, Mousie can still cover for me mar.

*evil grins* Poor Mousie.

So now it's clear. I'll resign and join my ex-boss. I hope they take good care of me. *sigh* They better!!!

*prays some more*

Now I can really sleep in peace. I've even told Mr. Owl that I'm resigning soon. He took it nicely (as expected) and told me calmly that he can't stop me from resigning (as expected too) if I've truly found a better offer elsewhere. To do that would mean that he's stopping my personal growth and career advancement. That would be selfish of him.

OMG! I was deeply touched! He also told me that he has big plans for me (but I doubt his big plans can rival the offer I've been given lar). He wants to appoint/promote me to become the head of something something in the company and frankly speaking the post he told me did not interest me at all. I was like : Phew! Lucky I took that offer. ^^;;

Mr. Owl promised to write me a good Testimonial. We'll see how good it is soon. I'm not putting up any high hopes until I see what he has in mind. Another man's food could be another man's poison, ya know?

But all in all, I'm contented now. All my hard work paid off. Having said all that though, I still have a long way to go. I hope I'm strong enough to trudge through whatever challenges or obstacles thrown along my path. I hope I'll still have time to continue blogging. =D

The last time I worked with my ex-boss, I ended up having no social life at all. I hope I can juggle my workloads and still have time socializing with my family and dear friends. And yes. I hope I have time to blog as well. ^___^

Thanks for reading everybody. I appreciate it very very much! Yay!

3 comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

**clap clap clap**...Finally Ms Mini Mousie has decided to leave Mr Miki Mousie for a better offer :)

Ms Mousie: Mr Owl...I have decided to resign from the job.

Mr Owl: Hoot Hoot...Oh it's you. I thought who. Good Luck in your future job.

Ms Mousie: Thanks Sir

Mr Owl: Actually I wanted to make you the head of xxxx **pulling Mr Mousie's big rounded black ears**. Damn...Why I can't get that off? **smiling cunningly**

Ms Mousie: It's ok Sir. I have made up my mind.

Mr Owl: Oh...then I give you my testis.

Ms Mousie: **blushes thinking why Mr Owl want to give his testis to her**

Mr Owl: I sure write you a good testimonial.

Ms Mousie: **whacked her head for having such sinful thoughts** Oh...testimonial. Thank you Sir

KiBiKiBi said...

criz lai : crizzy! *gasp* Didn't know you have that hamsup-ness in you! Muahahaha... you can write a greattt "play"! You're good at it. Wakakaka...

On 2nd thought, ru being sarcastic ar? LOL...

CRIZ LAI said...

Just trying to make you happy lar...since you have made up your mind :P

p/s I was not sarcastic when I wrote that. I was in my cheeky mood..hahaha