Monday, April 23, 2007

Meeting or drama?

I've just came back from a meeting with my bosses (Owl & Mousie), in-house consultant (let's call him Mr. Bee) and sub-con (let's call him SC. I can't think up a nickname for him here). It ain't pretty I tell you. It just ain't pretty.

The meeting dragged on for hours and hours. However, it's a good learning experience for me. I luv sitting in meetings like these. I enjoy sitting there quietly, reserving my opinions to myself, truly and fully observing all the parties involved. Their facial expressions, their intonation, the way they address people, how they started off their speeches, how they deliver their presentation, how they argued and bend their ways out, and how they started the fighting, carried it out full swing and standing firmly rooted to their ground when they are challenged.

One word says it all. Fascinating. Yayayaya. *nods head fervently*

Sadly to note though, there's nothing for me to learn from Mousie. He's too rigid, too egoistic, too kiasu and kiasi. These two k's don't go well hand in hand I tell you.

But... players that has such characteristics are normally quite a star when acting out an instant drama. It's ... midly entertaining. At least, to my amazement. Muahahaha.

For those non-hokkien and non-chinese readers out there, kiasu means 'afraid of defeat' and kiasi means 'afraid of death'.

A simpler way of looking at it is simply this : He doesn't wanna surrender nor does he know how to fight the battle. He doesn't wanna go forward and yet he doesn't wanna go backward. The same goes for steering left or right direction. Get what I mean? If you have a General like that in your army, you're a goner. No chance to survive lar I tell you. Unless Superman springs out of nowhere and swoops down to save you!

Come to think of it, I'm quite glad that my PR does not suck as much as Mousie's. I'll be modest and say that my PR skills are 50/50 okay. I still have a long way to go. There are some peps that I get along real fine and some that doesn't. If we're sama bulu type then we click lar. If not, aiyo... sian.

Let's just say that deary Mousie here has a pretty negative PR. He was told off by almost everyone, and worse still, by our sub-con in the meeting just now like this : Hey, talk professionally lar.

Now, that's harsh right? Imagine being told that way in front of your big boss, the VIPs you deal with on daily basis, and inexperienced me. Aiyo. How to swallow that down? Malunya!

That comment undoubtedly embarrassed him greatly. Lost face mar. In front of me some more, aiyo. Bo bin ki lang! (Translate : No face to meet ppl liao) The drama more or less started from then on.

Although the drama wasn't much, just fancy bickering that gets outrageously personal... but still, it's a drama lor. It gets nasty lor. Sometimes. Thank God it didn't get really nasty just now. Just to the point of being paiseh and tulan but I guess that's more than enough for people that has ego the size of an elephant : like Mousie. *sigh*

-____-'''

When we came back from the meeting, the Owl was shaking his head ruefully, telling me that when a meeting gets that way, it becomes very hard. Discussions become very hard. Negotiation becomes harder still. The other party will close themselves up completely, refusing to negotiate further.

In the end, that fellow wanted a one-on-one discussion. See? Mousie was being singled out. Again. It happens all the time. Duh. I mean, who wants to approach you if the atmosphere you carry emits such huge, bad, negative aura?

Imagine sitting in hell, trying to negotiate or bargain your way out from hell with the Lord of Hades himself. How does that feel to you?

Uh huh. Badddd. You get the vibes.

In the end, after poor Mousie has gone through enough bombardments and humiliations, he settled with this sentence : I'm not a Civil Engineer.

I'm frigging amazed I tell you. What the heck does that have to do with anything?

One second thought, is he trying to lay the blame on me?

O.O

Oooo... wicked. Nice try though. Did you know that a blunt needle can't prick you? Ai. It's like trying to use a straw to stab a heart. Irony huh? Tell me this : Has anyone been stabbed to death by a straw? Sheesshhh!

p/s : If you did, somehow, miraculously experienced that, email me. I'll congratulate you personally. Complete with salute and I'll even be willing to become your disciple. Wakakaka.

No comments: