Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Dead Lappy

I noticed just now that I seldom blog nowadays. Well, not as frequently as I'd have preferred. Sometimes my blog is left with no updates whatsoever for several days. One of the reason is that my Lappy is dying on me. Gosh, that simply takes out the joy of blogging from me. I can't online, downloading files and surfing simultaneously. For example, just now my Lappy was lagging so miserably that I had to re-start it for 6 times. Sometimes, it just refused to shut down no matter how long you waited : which then forced me to Force-shut it. The lags went so bad that it feels like a dying turtle trying to climb its way up the shore. So frigging slowwwwww!!!!

Imagine re-starting your pc an average of 10 times per day. More often than not, I ended up being so pissed I nearly thrown my poor Lappy out of my window at home. I'm so thankful that I somehow managed (miserably, with lotsa hair pulling...ugh!) not to do that. That would be sooo downright cruel, no? *sigh*

What caused the lagging was that the CPU Usage indicator is always on 100% even when I didn't open any applications. Of coz, there are always applications that run at the background of the Lappy, but heck, those stuffs are hardly capable of 'eating up' 100% of my CPU usage. Even with all the background applications running simultaneously added up together won't reach 10% of CPU Usage. They are wayyyyyyyyyy too minor to be taken into consideration. Which leaves me with this:-

I suspect the culprit is either the virus(es), blaster worm(s) or spyware(s).

Another possibility is the firewall installed in my Lappy. But it has been working fine till now (close to 2 years), so I automatically kick this possibility outta my list.

It's the damn virus/blaster worm/spyware. It's gotta be THEM!

I suddenly remembered that my Zone Alarm scanned a malicious virus 2 weeks prior. The damn thing couldn't be cleaned, couldn't be deleted, couldn't be healed, couldn't be quarantined, couldn't be ANYTHING! I was so frust, I just ignored the bloody thing. And now it's back to haunt me. And I frigging forgot the name of the damn thing. Ugh!

My Lappy has been acting weird since then. It always hang/freeze, can't play songs/movies properly, can't seem to load up my blog pages sometimes, takes close to 1 min just to open Windows Explorer and etc etc... -.-''

Scanned it with AVG Spywares last two days and found 265 of those disgusting shits scurrying around in my Lappy!!!!!!! Euuuuuu!!!!!

And it has just gone a taaaadddd bit bit better only after that. Then, it goes back being dead. D-E-A-D. Sometimes, if I pray hard enough, it goes okay for half an hour or so before it died on me again.

Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pulls hair out*

I'm sending my Lappy into ICU this Saturday. I'll tapao it back to Kuching in a white cloth (refer kain kapan) and ward it into my col/friend's hospital. Let's call him Tk. Now, he's a genius with computer. He can fix ANYTHING. I'm just so glad to be able to throw the mess at him. Called him this morning and pleaded "Please save my Lappy! Pullleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzeeee!!!!"

Can't wait for my Lappy's full recovery. This shall be my last post in a couple of days time gua. To all the readers out there : Please wait patiently for my return. No. My Lappy's recovery. And please pray for my Lappy's recovery. To all of you who feels for me - A zillion thanks. To those who don't : Man, you have no heart. Go find one now!!!

Gotta go now. Wanna balut my Lappy up for delivery tomorrow. Kah kah kah...

3 comments:

Neil Tan said...

Well, I'll give u a silent prayer now ...........

*praying...................*

There. Done. All the best to the recovery of ur acey lappie. :)

Cheers :)

KiBiKiBi said...

neil tan : tenkiusssss... *teary eyes*

anonymous : Aha!!! I know who you are! I know who you are!!! You HAFTA solve them. Puleeeeezzzzzzzzzzzeeeee... I'll buy you dinner/lunch/breakfast! What you wanna eat ar? =P

Anonymous said...

finally figured out what coz' the 100% cpu usage. I believed you faced it whenever u played d popcap game, esp talismania, uh, re-run it now, ahhh.. 100% again.....
ur choice, format d hard disk n reinstall everything, except d flash game, OR just remove flash game..
I ran firefox, defragment, n avast antivirus, d cpu usage just about 40-70%, but a small flash game easily coz the cpu to full loaded