Monday, March 26, 2007

Watches I bought

I had this crazy urge since yesterday to do a post about all the watches I bought. Frankly speaking, I bought my first watch back in year 2000. I remember the day cuz it was a Christmas day. Yeah, 25th Dec 2000. I remember the taukenio at the shop asking me "Buying a Christmas present for yourself?" with a big bright sincere smile.

I bet she said that cuz I looked so young and eager to buy myself the first great watch. Told ya I have baby face. When I first started working, them damn workers on site thought I was a mere 14 year old kid, still wet behind the ears and dunno much. Boy, did they feel super sorry after dealing with me. *cackles with laughter* But, ehem. That's a story for another time, ok.

The second watch was bought last year, around the mid of the year I guess. It took me years to finally buy a watch to my liking, besides my first watch and frankly speaking, I nearly gave up buying cuz I never found one that I truly liked that suits my budget. Of coz I luv Tag Heuer, Maurice Lacroix, Rolex, Titoni, Seiko and other branded watches but they are way way out of my budget lar. The most expensive watch I've ever had was bought by my Dad. It's a Maurice Lacroix that costs over 1k and no, I'm not telling you more cuz I dun wanna get my wrist chopped off by one of those crazy maniac out there. =P

Back to story: the new watch I mentioned just now was the third in my life. Currently, it's the love of my life. Hahaha...

A taukenio of one of the watch shops I went to see look see look commented "The watch you are wearing now looks good mar. Why you wanna buy a new oneee?". I was dumbfounded. Really, the number of 'baka' I met nowadays are getting more than I can manage. I mean, I'm trying to buy a watch. In other words, she gets a customer, she gets to SELL her product, she gets to earn money, what's her fucking problem???

If she's being sarcastic and thought that I didn't have the money to buy, then off I went to the other shop. Crazy taukenio. Wei, ppl wanna buy from you so keep your mouth shut lar ai.

The salesman selling me my 3rd watch was such a charm. He's very polite, very helpful, very keen to interact, and super keen to get customer feedback. All the watches he showed me were not to my liking. It's like I could find fault with each and every watch. Yeah. I'm ngiau chee lar. I paid too much attention to detail lar. I know I know. But I'm paying, so I should make sure I paid for something I really like, ok.

Even my current watch is not perfect. I dun like it's 'light' and it's way too heavy. But, hmm... I'll get used to it. Haha =D

Here's the pic of my watches. The pic does not include the other watches given to me by my Papa. ;P

From left to right, my 1st, 2nd & latest watch. Hehehe ^^

Of those watches hor, I luv the first and third ones the best. Dunno what to say about the 2nd one. Too... feminine? And simple? Me really dunno how to describe or put it lorrr...

No comments: