Thursday, March 22, 2007

Poor dog : Definitely a goner

I hitched a ride on my way back from Kuching to Sarikei last Sunday. I knew the pep quite well, they were using a Toyota Land Cruiser and it's damn comfortable I tell you. And we reached Sarikei in less than 5 hours. Whoa! Damn awesome, right?

Anyway, what irks me is that the driver ran over a dog 200 metres before reaching Jakar (about 15 mins drive away from Sarikei) and he didn't even realize it. To top that off, the dog's a full grown up dog, so it's about as huge as errr... what should I use for comparison? Half the size of a motorbike. Yeah. That's huge right?

Back to story, the poor dog was completely black. The night was pitch dark. There weren't any street lamps around. We were travelling by 70 kmh upon nearing Sarikei and by the time we saw the dog, it was right in line with the left tyre of the Land Cruiser. The moment we ran over the dog, there was complete silence in the car. I said the first sentence. It's dead. It's dead. The old wise guy sitting next to the driver agreed with me cuz he noticed the left side of the car lifting up a bit as if going through a bump. The dog definitely died on the spot. I only heard a slight whimper when we ran through it. The poor thing!!!

But the driver, oh the driver! He must be drugged or high on someting. How can you ran over a dog the size of half a motorbike and not realize it??? He thought that he hit the dog and the poor thing was bounced off the road into the ditch/longkang nearby. I was so fucking amazed! I mean, how dense can you get huh? *sigh*

May the poor dog RIP. Aaamen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YA.. Poor doggie... :(

KiBiKiBi said...

wps : what a waste huh? *sigh*