Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mystery of the Missing Dustbin...solved!

About a couple of weeks ago, the dustbin at my office mysteriously disappeared. You know? The green coloured rectangular type of dustbin being distributed by the Council several years back? My secretary informed me of this matter after it has been missing for several days. My first thought was : What's the matter with thiefs nowadays? Dustbin pun mahu curi??? Wah lao eh!

We searched high and low for it. Tried to imagine all sorts of place it could end up at. My secretary suspected the culprit to be the construction/renovation workers working at the unit/floor below us. We're at the second floor. They are at the first.

I was like, 'Really? Why tapao our dustbin all the way into their place? That's too much. We need the dustbin too, and it was ours in the first place!'

We never really bothered to go and ask from them though. Until we needed the dustbin that is. So two days ago, I sorta brought the matter up with my Safety Officer (SO). Told him to handle this matter. I jokingly said that without a dustbin, it's quite a health hazard too..haha. I mean where are we supposed to throw our rubbish, right?

My SO did a bit of poking and finally confirmed that the culprit was indeed the renovation workers downstairs, and guess what they used our precious dustbin for?

To bancuh simen. (Translate : To mix cement)

Huh? wtf??? They use our DUSTBIN to bancuh simen??? Wah lao! That's a first. I mean, how creative can you get? geeezzz... -_-''

My col has to carry the rubbish all the way to the nearest dustbin for dumping. Really thankful to him for that. My first reply though when I heard that was 'Aiyah. Apa susah. Buang tingkat bawah sana lar. Dia orang pakai kita punya dustbin bancuh simen, kita pakai dia punya bilik tikam sampah lar dohhh...'

Hehehe... of course, I said that in a joking manner. Not that I wanna cari gaduh with them, but really lar... How low can you get? Aiyoyo...

No comments: