Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dabai

I bought Dabai in Sibu today while going there for an official trip. I happened to pass by the Central Market, saw them and grabbed them at once. Well, I bought all of the remaining dabai. It's sticky, it's nice and I can't wait to eat them!

And they are quite cheap too. It's selling at RM6 per kg and I bought 4.4kg at the cost of RM22. Hehehe... Do the maths. 4.4 kg x RM6 = RM26.4 Uwahhhhh...

It will serve as a present for my mum. She loves dabai too ^^

I also remember a reader once commented that he/she wants to have dabai pics cause it's so rare at his/her place so here's the pics. Enjoy ne... Hehe ^^



I told the 'Aunty' selling the dabai that I wanted to bring the dabai all the way back to Sarikei and then to Kuching and asked whether it will be safe or not. Dabai is prone to get cooked by a slight rise in temperature to its surrounding. There are many methods on preparing dabai. You can either cook them under the sun (yes, don't gawk, it's true ^^) sprinkled with soy sauce and sugar, or salt (depending on your taste and liking), or cook them using hot boiling water. Just soak them in the hot water and they will cook up nicely within minutes! Another way is to stir-fry them with soy sauce. Mouth watering!

Anyway, enough about cooking methods. Haha. Not that I'm a good cook but I can certainly eat hohoho. Back to the story. The 'Aunty' gasped and said no no no no no the dabai will surely get cooked even before you managed to eat them. She ever so kindly offered to 'tapao' them up real nice for me to bring back (tee hee ^_~ extra nice service for buying all of her dabai) all the way to Kuching. She used newspaper bag that she kinda made herself, poured in the dabai and then put them inside the plastic bag. She said they shall be safe that way. Haha...

Closer look at the 'dabai packaging'


And the dabai inside. Look how sticky they are! The black skin sorta glued to my fingers. A worker working at one of the petrol station that I visited on regular basis even commented on how nice they are. ^o^ I'm floating I'm floating! ^-^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still a bit hard to open this comment box but hey....nice nice dabai... will definitely eat some if i have the chance...