Friday, May 6, 2011

Another battle...

Feels kinda contented today. And relieved. Yeah, relief and contentment. Contented cause I still have it. Could still pull it off. I haven't lost my touch. Not at all. I'm still good at doing what I do best.

*paused to think*

Is that even possible? Feeling relieved and contented at the same time?

I attended a Coordination Meeting with the Main-Con today. The room was jam-packed with Sub-Cons and PMT [Project Management Team] staffs consisting of Engineers, Site Supervisors, Project Manager, bla bla bla yadda yadda yadda - you get the drill.

Anyway, the Meeting wasn't pleasing. It was far from that. It was ugly and downright nasty. Confrontations, accusations, disputes, squabbles... How much worse can it get? And I took major part in it. Tried every "nice" moves in my 'dictionary'. Tried to be diplomatic, respectful, sincere, heck, even pragmatic but none of them worked cause one asshole of a Sub-Con kept pestering me with accusations and insults.

Well... I tried to be civilized, but oh well, he wanted it the bad, hardcore way. Guys can be such an asshole, chauvinist pig.

I resorted to intimidation. Disrespect. Even ridiculed his command of English. He asked for it. And he deserved it. Deserves it still. Will give him TONNES of it if he doesn't back off. He got so pissed... or was it humiliated? I can't really tell and honestly I don't give a damn. He walked out in the middle of the meeting. And the rest of the people in the Meeting room smiled and shook their heads. Whoa!

The Meeting proceeded without much problems from then onwards. It really proves who the real troublemakers are. I got what I went there for. And for that, I am glad, relieved, and contented. Tonight, I'm sure I can sleep better. That's one huge weight off my shoulder!

No comments: