Sunday, May 13, 2007

New spec!

I got my new spec! Wheeeee!!!! My skin allergy has healed (Thank GOD!!!) and now I'm wearing a new spec. The spare spec of mine goes back to where it belongs - being a spare.

The shocking thing I found when I visited the Optometrist (is that how you spell it?) here is that my skin infection/allergy was actually caused by the steel frame of my spare spec! He told me that the spare spec that I was wearing actually has nickel on it and that's the culprit that causes skin rashes. When left untreated, it will worsen and eventually produce pus. Eeee. Scarry!

He recommended me to use the plastic type of frame. Upon closer inspection though, the frame's not really plastic made. It's still framed by steel COVERED with plastic in order to prevent skin allergies. Phew!

I'm wearing it now and it's good. So glad to be able to see properly again! It's a nightmare seeing everything blur blur you know. So depressing! Haha

No comments: