Wednesday, May 30, 2007

bad movie experience

Perhaps I was born to have bad luck most of the times. I sincerely believe that. Everywhere I go, things always go wrong for me. It was NEVER smooth-sailing. Not even once. If it is, then something extremely bad would be waiting at the end of it all.

Today was no exception. Well, yesterday actually. Last night to be exact. I went to watch Spiderman 3 at 9.15 PM. The movie was great, in fact it was the second time I went watching. The first time I went with my Aunt in Sibu, the second with my sisters (yeah, I'm in Kuching right now till Gawai Hols are over). I don't mind watching a good movie more than once. Especially when my sisters were so hyped about watching Spiderman 3. =)

Everything was great until we went into the cinema. To be honest with you guys, I hate kids. Remember all my posts about those blasted neighbours' kids that I so wanted to kill with my bare hands? Well, I hate it even more when I go to cinema and found kids sitting either in front of me, at my back, to my left or right. 9 out of 10 times I'd scold the stupid, rude, unethical parents for ignoring their kids naughty antics and unbearable behaviour. I mean, what's the point of bringing your kids to the cinema if they can't even behave properly? And disturbing all the other cinema goers who has every intention to just ENJOY the movie?? Parents : What do you have to say about this???

I scolded a mother sitting behind me just now. She had a kid sitting on her lap who took great joy into kicking the back of my chair. It went on for a good half hour before I finally snapped and told her off. Before that, I kept looking behind, sorta like giving her hints or warnings, hoping that she'd get the hints and somehow control her kids (she had like 3 other kids at varying ages).

Did she get the signs?

NOPE. THAT DUMBASS. And what pissed me off even more is the way she talked to her sons in English, mimicking the Ang-mohs and talking so loudly some more.

I bombed her with English just now. Loudly too.

COULD YOU PLEASE STOP HIM FROM KICKING MY CHAIR ALL THE TIME??!! YOU ARE DISTURBING PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW THAT??!! IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL OR MAKE YOUR KIDS BEHAVE, THEN YOU MAY AS WELL JUST GO OUT! AND BRING THEM WITH YOU!

She apologized and then unbelievably, her kids behaved themselves throughout the rest of the movie.

Like you have to really embarrass and humiliate them (the parents) enough to make them start taking initiative in controlling their kids? Come on lar. What's the matter with parents nowadays? Why can't you take the effort to discipline your kids? So difficult meh?

To all parents who never care to discipline their kids now : I hope the day comes when you're old and your kids are all grown up like the hantu that you raised them to be and that they'll ill-treat you and leave you to rot in the old folks home because you so goddamn deserve it!

p/s : Not all kids are bad. I noticed a little girl in the cinema just now sitting at the row right in front of me. It's obvious she has been disciplined and well taught by her parents because she was so well behaved. So nice! So sweet! So obedient! There was no sound from her, no tantrums at all. So guai!!! So much so that I asked God : Why can't all kids be like her? And why can't all parents be like her parents? I noticed from the way her parents communicate that they are ethical people. Not like some morons who behave like samseng/paikia. Geez!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily she is not "ohh kao"'s wife, or else you will be at hospital to update your blog, errrr.. hospital got wifi meh?
Just to update u a bit, if last nite she is "ohh kao"'s wife, then you are not watching spider man 3 but "scary movie 3" coz she just began her new journey to heavan/hell

KiBiKiBi said...

anonymous : wei, I know who u are lar wei. What ohh kao's wife. His kids are all grown up and are all nice nice wan. And hor, I heard his wife recently passed away wor, not sure how true it is lar but that's what I heard lor. Conclusion : No way she's ohh kao's wife lar, haiya!

CRIZ LAI said...

Val...since i knew you, your temper was almost always good but now you are making me see RED and in CAPITAL letters too...kekeke

Anyway, are you planning to get a family in the later part of your life? Your first impression of kids makes you tremble from head to toes. Kids are always kids. They are just plain playful and innocent.

You could always find a solution to settle the problem instead of losing your temper over a kid. There is such a thing called subtle communication. You can talk nicely and discuss the situation to get to an agreement. This also applies to any working environment.

What happen when you loses your temper? You spoil your mood in enjoying a nice movie. You spoil your mood in getting a good sleep. The best solution is still the confrontation with the roots of the problem.

This is just my opinion and I hope I did not insult you in any way. Sorry if I did. Have a nice holiday :)

p/s: I just did some new changes to my blog. Do drop in :)

Anonymous said...

Yo! Hehe ... it's me again. Glad that today is public holiday. Been so tired yesterday, trying to rush off a power pack for a customer. Got frustrated by one of a more senior collegue whom I thought was quite a nice person when I first knew him, but he kinda snapped yesterday since he got bombed by the boss for others fault (only found out about that later though). -_-' Sigh, I got chained into that misfortune, became the scapegoat for him to release his frustration. >.<

Hmm ... I watched spiderman3 twice as well. But I downloaded them ... hehe ... donno where is the theatre here, plus no one to go with. :P Don't get your anger spoil your day, and you are certainly not born to have bad luck. Just like the chinese saying, "good news spread within the house, bad news spread thousand miles". Bad things always give a deeper inpression, so it made you forgot about the good things. Try to divert your focus on the good things that you encountered, rather than the bad things that tries to spoil your day. Kore wa chotto taihen desu, daga, murii de wa nai. ^_~
tada motto sugio no sutsuyo desu! anata ga zettai dekiru!

Oh ... I bought a set of anime called gun x sword. Seems to be quite an old anime, but it seems quite interesting. A little bit of Trigun's style of anime I guess. Hmm ... my neck is gonna get few inches longer waiting for kekkaishi 21. >.< Really hope that they could at least release it as consistently as bleach, naruto, death note etc. Oh ... claymore is quite good too. I think I recommended it to you before, but not sure if you got download it or not. There is another one called "Sola". A very new anime too. I'll stop here for now. Jya ... matta ne!!

Cheers,
GT

Anonymous said...

I was expecting to get irritated by kids when I went and watched Meet the Robinsons a few weeks back with my friends here in Perth. However, what surprises me most was the fact that I did not get irritated at all because all the kids were so well-behaved in the cinema. I have a small little girl sitting beside me and she was just sitting down quietly, enjoying the movie! I've had bad experiences with kids while watching movies back in Malaysia so you can imagine my delight that day. LoL.

Anonymous said...

Urgh..hate any kinda people kicking our chair when watching movie in the cinema...but i dont dare scold people la....

KiBiKiBi said...

criz lai : lol... Red and big caps aren't really a big deal lar. I'm sure you can deal with it. Hehehe.

As with starting a family, yes. And no, you can't have subtle communication in the cinema, when the movie reaches the peak of excitement. I mean, I paid RM10 to watch and enjoy the movie, not having those damned communication with bloody kids who dunno how to behave themselves.

And yes, I agree kids would always be kids, plain playful and innocent. But there's a place and time for everything. If they can't behave themselves when they need be, ban them from cinema! What's the point of bringing kids to watch horror movie at midnite and scarring the shits out of them? And what's the point of bringing toddlers to watch action packed movies when they can't even comprehend what they are seeing?

I'm blaming the parents really. The reason why youngsters are so daring, rebellious and boh-kah-see nowadays are partly contributed by the way parents brought them up. I really mou-ngan-tai lar. Aiyo.

*slaps forehead*

*shakes head*

Anonymous : Didi! Thanks for your words of encouragement. I feel better already! And yes, you are right. Taihen desu ne. *sigh* What to do, I have very low boiling point ler. Haiya!

piggy : I agree with you! Those ang-moh kids are really worthy of praise. I experienced the same thing when I watched movies in UK. They really behaved themselves and truly just sat there, enjoying the movie like the rest of the adults. Which emphasizes my point really, we go to cinema to WATCH and ENJOY movies, not to show off how good your Engris is and how bossy you can be when you can't even make your damn kids behave! Malaysians can be such a disgrace SOMEtimes!

wps : You can hire me to scold them for you. I charge veli cheap one. Just buy me sundae or banana split and I'd be happy. =D

Pike-chan said...

hahahahahaa... i wish all the kids are like tht too when i go watch movies.... worst thing is some adults are like tht too...

I Am Kapster said...

I kena b4 some kids sitting behind me and talking throughout the movie in loud voices. so tulan got one keep predicting the movie, felt like wanna cekik him