Thursday, May 10, 2007

Does age matter?

Aunty called again just now. 5 mins after my office hour was over.

Me : Arlow?
Aunty : Eh, you free right now?
Me : -___-'' (Oh no not again?!!!!) Why?
Aunty : Hehehe. Can come lim teh right now?
Me : NOW???!!
Aunty : It's a bit abrupt hor? I mean you must be tired, need to rest and bath and all that.
Me : Yes. It's veeeeery abrupt. And I'm very tired. Is it the same guy?
Aunty : Yeah. Same. Did he msg you that day?
Me : Nope.
Aunty : Oh... did he call?
Me : Not at all. Look, what's the hurry? (you see, I was a bit bit annoyed by now already)
Aunty : Ahahaha... maybe he's eager to get a wife. Hohoho... Wanna see you mar.
Me : How OLD is he?
Aunty : He's a monkey (Chinese people uses animal zodiac to tell the age without actually embarrassing either party. It's easy to calculate too. Since he's a monkey, he's younger than me by one year)
Me : .... *paused* ... He's yoooungeeeerrr than me.
Aunty : *shocked* *silence* Is he? What's your zodiac?
Me : Sheep. Baa baa baa (Now you know how old I am anot? Tsk...)
Aunty : Oh! You're right. He is younger!
Me : He is. If he's eager to see me, just tell him I'm fat fat, short short lar. See what he says.
Aunty : *silence* Oh hohoho... I'll arrange the time and then confirm with them lar. Ok?
Me : *sigh* Ok. (whatever... grrr..)
Aunty : You free tomorrow morning? Let's have breakfast together?
Me : I'm going back to Kuching tomorrow.
Aunty : When do you come back? Sunday? How about Monday? We have dinner together ok?
Me : I'm going to Sibu on Monday.
Aunty : Wah! You travel so much?
Me : *grits teeth* Yes. I do. (you choy meh? *sigh*)
Aunty : Hehe. Nevermind nevermind. I'll contact you again.
Me : Ok. Thanks. Bai.

I'm a bit annoyed. And my Aunty didn't even realize how old I was. That's probably cuz I look younger than my age.

*sigh*

Then, I had this conversation with my friend.

Me : He's younger than me lar
Fren : Younger by how young?
Me : 1 yr old
Fren : Do you mind? About the age?
Me : Quite lor
Fren : But only a year, and you look young you know. So ppl can't tell even if you're really older than him. And you'll definitely look younger than him even though you're older
Me : Ar?? ... Ok. How old do I actually look? Honestly
Fren : 20
Me : WHAT?! Really? You're not pulling my leg?!
Fren : Eh seriously la
Me : Ooo...

So, does age matter? Really matter? I'm torn. Really.

What should I do? Help!!!!!

9 comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

Aiya...one year younger only mar. Take him as your little brother lor...Guide him to love your more lar...Haha. Make sure you check your horoscope against his lor. Lilian Chan should be a good choice for reference. Wait!!! It's Lillian Too rite? Salah mentioned orang just now..sorry :P

Anyway, age is not a problem in a relationship. It's how well the two of you can blend in with each other. If you think someone 10 years older suits you more, then by all means go explore more about that person. See got sparks or not :P

So, get that butt out from your house. For heaven's sake, go meet up that guy. After all it would stop your Aunty from bugging you further...Kaka. :P

cc said...

Age should not be a problem la, especially by only one year. Somemore, according to your friend you only look 20. Haha. I am baa baa too. I'd imagine the aunties around me would be eager to 'promote' me if I'm not married. But what's the hurry? I have a lot of single friends my age still happily enjoying their freedom. Just do things at your own pace, don't be pressured into meeting the guy if you really don't want to. :)

Kamigoroshi said...

You should forget the two conversations and go with the flow. I've dated women older than myself and really, it doesn't matter unless you're straight out of school where responsibilities differ greatly.

Go with the flow and live life. You never know what you might find.

camy_she said...

OMG..really kah? 1 year older. Makes no difference la. If got spark, then don't hv to care so much about the age. At least he's not 11 years old OLDER than you. If that happens..OMG, I wouldn't know how to communicate with him. Kekeke...No wonder la...ishhh...waiseh..20 years old kah? *giggles* Lol...somebody even mistaken me for a 15 years old teenager le bah...Muahahaha...

Hm..i wonder what will happen if aunty saw ur post. Kekekeke..she must be furious. By the way, I dun think she surfs rite? *ROFL* If she is..then bravo. But I dun think so since she's 'very good' in dealing hp hoh. =P

"omamee" said...

[val] personally i think 1 year older is not too bad la... think no harm trying it out lor... consider yourself on a work assignment... if he gets too unbearable u mah imagine him as the lobster looking crab thing that you found at one of your sites lor... at least can have a good laugh and a free meal... hehehe... plus, after that your auntie may not bug u anymore...

KiBiKiBi said...

criz lai : hmm.. If I remember correctly, I dun think sheep is compatible with monkey lor. But I guess you're right. See got spark or not lorrr... =P

cc : sooo... ru married? Hn. Now I really dun wanna meet the guy liao.. It's the impression I have of him lor. So lo-soh like tat. And quite a sissy oso. Haiya

kamigoroshi : Really? Minda share your experience of dating older women with me or not? =P Go with the flow of life. Hey, I like how that sounds. May give it a try then. Haha

camy_she : Aiyah. I'm blardy sure she dun surf one. Very safe one lar haiya... ^^;

maemee : Lol... THAT creature ar. Hey, I found out what it was ya know. The locals here call it "Udang tanah". Knows how to build "busut" one. Cute. But I doubt about my Aunt not bugging me anymore. She's got a whole list of guys to intro to me. (Hopefully not...but... -_-'') The same goes for my other Aunt but thank God right now she's in Aus. Phew!

Anonymous said...

Juz go ahead and meet the guy la... maybe the meet up will turn out to be a great fun and if not then you have something funny to blog on.. HAHA..;p

zewt said...

my guess would be you're turning 28 this year? :P .....

i am going to be brutally honest... those in their early 20s will be rather choosy... those in their late 20s will still have some reservation... when someone hits 30s.... hmmm... age is no longer an issue... and yeah, so sorry but i am refering to girls.

i have got a few female friends who swear they will never date younger guys but they are now MARRIED to guys much younger than they are.

KiBiKiBi said...

wps : yeah. It'll make a great blog topic eh? Hehehe

zewt : Haha. Honesty is good. I like that a lot. And what you said is true too. To a certain degree. But can't totally blame the gals as well. If you can't even get along with the guy, what's the point in trying? We're talking live partner here. Not just simple friends.

Oh well. People say love is blind. Maybe when it hits you hard enough, you'd have forgotten pretty much everything and anything you've ever said before. =)