Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sebangkoi Park/Country Resort

Yo folks. This is a long overdue post. Meant to post it at the beginning of the month, but I got lazy and keep procrastinating and so it never made it into my blog. But I promised myself that I'd post it up this month! So here it is.

Psssttt. This post serves to tell all you peps out there that Sarikei is not really a bad place to live in. Although I did and still do complain a lot about Sarikei (about its peps, food, everything lar), it doe
sn't REALLY mean that Sarikei is an all bad place ya know? It's got its goods and bads, wokay. And today, I present to you : a good part of Sarikei - Sebangkoi Park/Country Resort. I'll refer to the place as Sebangkoi Park in this entire post tho. Read on. =)

Visit to Sebangkoi Park, Sarikei


I took a trip to the Sebangkoi Park in Sarikei on the 10th March 2007 just because my right foot has healed to the point where I can walk without crippling. That means I can use the stairs properly now without needing to walk like a crab. *chuckles* The other reasons are : I was bored and I just needed some sort of getaway. Hehe.


The trip wasn’t really planned to perfection, but it wasn’t bad either. Planning was made half a day prior and kinda in a hurry state. We didn’t prepare much. Just brought some food over for picnic and then spent the rest of the day exploring the park and playing with water. I didn’t explore much cuz although my injuries were healed I still couldn’t get really far and I tried my best not to subject too much stress on my foot. ^^ I really gotta credit my secretary, YY for making all the preparations. She prepared all the fried drumsticks and chicken wings (complete with chili sauce mind you!), iced drinks (orange juice, milk & mineral water) and sandwiches (tuna, eggs with mayo & cheese!!!). Thx! ^-^


We departed from Sarikei at 10.15 am and reached there around 11 am. There was only the four of us : me, my secretary YY, her friend HH & my draftsman Wan. It wasn’t hot at all even though it was near noon time. The sounds that the crickets and all the other forest dweller’s made forms some sort of orchestra and are quite soothing to the ears. It helps you to relax and reminds you that you are far far far away from the town/city and all the pollution that’s not good for your health. Here are some pictures taken inside the park.


The entrance into Sebangkoi (some sort of back door, cuz it's nearer to the largest waterfall we were targetting!)


On the way in, we saw this...


...and climbed steep narrow stairs leading up up up...


... and up...


...and the waterfall!!! Saw the red arrow? It's the root of the trees that dangles from somewhere above. Remember those ropes used by tarzans? Wan actually used it for his tarzan swings. Sorry no pics tho..*sigh*


The air inside the park was cool and refreshing. It was covered with plants of all kinds (heck I don’t even know their names cuz I’m sooo dumb when it comes to identifying plants). I only managed to identify uh… the bamboo trees, and uh uh… crap. I only know the bamboo trees. The rest ar… =X Clueless. Totally clueless. But they are green in various shades/tones, and I assure you, yes they are plants that produce photosynthesis and thus release plenty of oxygen for visitors like us to breath in. =) Now THAT’s good, right?


I took some videos too but heck, I hafta learn how to post them up cuz I had no idea how to do that. I’ll link them once I mastered the art to do so. ;P (or maybe not. I plan to do a better post the next time I go there. So, just be patient lar ok? =P)


Did I mention that there are waterfalls inside Sebangkoi Park? Several small ones. We claimed the largest waterfall (which measures about 1 metre plus in height. Check the largest pic above) to ourselves and played there till my feet turned into prunes! Yeah, we played inside the water. I enjoyed standing in the cool of the water very very much. The water is quite shallow upstream (about 1 feet in depth only!) with lotsa fish and approximately 2 metres downstream. Oh by the way, the naughty fishes nibbled my foot! You know, the kinda nibble a pet hamster will give you when you played with it? It’s the friendly type. Quite nice really. But I took precautions not to let them get used to it. If they grow comfortable with nibbling my foot, they may eventually consider biting it for good! And for food! Eeeeee…. Me dun want lar! So scarry. Oh, the fishes are all small small one. Measuring from as tiny as 1 inch to 5 inches long. Next time I’ll bring some sort of net to catch them. My aunt would love them!!! Hiak hiak hiak. Nice free prezzie!


So, what do you think? Wanna come to Sarikei? *winks*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found a fun place in Sarikei... ;p

KiBiKiBi said...

Yeah, I'm glad too. Wanna come join me ka? =P

Anonymous said...

You can post your video at www.youtube.com and then cut & paste the code into your blog's html.

Easy lah.

I like Sebangkoi too.