Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Car wash

It has been ages since I last washed a car. Like really trully washed a car. With car shampoo, cloth and water. I used to enjoy helping my aunty washing her car as a kid. My sisters helped of coz, and each of us was sorta assigned a special part to wash eg. the car floor mats, front part of the car, rear part, windows and so on.

That was like... over 10 years ago. *sigh* I feel so old thinking about those stuffs. Occasionaly I dragged myself to help my mum in wiping the cars back at home in Kuching with a wet cloth. My family owns a Toyota Unser and an Avanza. Both of them are bigger than normal saloon car. Heck, they are almost twice, no, 2 1/2 the size of a kancil. Wiping with a wet cloth cannot be considered a thorough car wash but hey, it keeps the cars clean, shining and healthy until the present day. Actually they are sparkling clean. My mum's a great car owner okay. She dusts the interior of the car and wipes the exterior with a wet cloth on daily basis. My dad too. Me? Let's just say it's the car's bad luck to be under my care. *looks at the old trash*

Awww. The poor Nissan 130Y. >_>

Did I just see tears running down its front lights? Hmm. I'm just imagining things right? *sigh*

Ya know what? I actually feel very sorry for him (I call him a him cuz well, he only behaves when my mum's driving it. Sorta manja lar sien liao). Ever since he's been under my care (following me to Sarikei lor) I totally neglected it. Sometimes he goes for weeks without even a body wipe. Sometimes months, with the damn birds here making him their frequent 'toilet' and the cats' sleeping bunk. The more I think of it, the worse I actually feel.

No wonder he's always cranky and ALWAYS broke down whenever I need to use him. My fault really. For being so irresponsible.

Guess what? I made a deal with him just now. Sort of. The deal's simple. I'll give him a bath at least once a week and perhaps a body wipe once every two days. The only thing he needs to do is : behave. That's quite quite quite good already, don't you think?

I guess he agreed cuz I didn't hear him whining. The deal is ON! Woo-hoo!

I spent less than an hour washing him just now. I hope he's enjoying it. If I'm not good at it, don't worry I'll improve. Practice makes perfect mar. Besides, it's good exercise for me. I needed some form of exercise quite badly to control my waistline. Washing car is not bad an exercise, really. Hope I'll stick to it though. Less the old cranky trash acts up again!

Now, it's sitting there at the car porch, sparkling. A knight in shining armor. Waseh! Hope the damn cicak won't aim at it and pan sai on it. I'll castrate those damn creatures! Grrr...

3 comments:

"omamee" said...

wahhhh so ambitious meh... body wipe every 2 days, thorough wash every week??? i could only dream of that... last week my parents nearly nagged me to death to get my car washed... think the last time i washed it was like weekssssss ago... (paiseh) but can't help it la... no time wor... but yala, the more u sayang your car, the better it will behave (i think)... hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Me din 'bath' my motorbike for one year plus... bad bad...

KiBiKiBi said...

maemee : yes. Me ambitious. Otherwise, the car very kolien ler. Kekeke

wps : Ai. Motorbike dun need bath ones. Even if it needs one, can finish wiping in 5 mins flat ler! =P