Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tasty buah 'Bukak'

It has been ages since I upload any pictures. The reason is simple. I just can't stand to wait for the pictures to be uploaded successfully. The entire process is just too tiring. Too exhausting. Too ugh!!! Cuz the connection is like 'okui' (translate : turtle). But tonight, I'll just try. Maybe I'll get lucky and make it through. Hehe...

I came across these buah 'Bukak' (as me and my family call them, cause it's really easy to buka or open them). As a kid, I used to just pijak (translate : step on it with my foot) the fruit, but of course, you've gotta use some sorta alas (translate : cover) to help protect your kaki (translate : foot) from injuries. For me, I used clean home slippers. Some people just wrap up the buah with towels or or just put newspaper on top. After that, just apply a small pressure on your kaki and the buah will split open beautifully. Make sure you don't squash them flat though or you shall regret it. Hehehe

This is the place where I bought the buah 'Bukak'



It is situated near the BCB (Bumiputera Commerce Bank). Just to make it simple, it's in between BCB and KFC in Sarikei. Use your imagination and you'll get it ^^

And for those who doesn't know, buah 'Bukak' is really similar to buah Durian. Ya know, the shape, the thorns, the outer appearance, even the isi (translate : inner flesh) except for the difference in color. The isi of Durian comes in all sorts of colours : white, yellow, grey, orange whereas buah 'Bukak' comes only in yellow or dark orange colour. They are either pale yellow, very dirty yellow or dark orange colour. And they don't emit those super foul (or invigorating, as some may prefer ^_^) smell as Durians do. Not to say that they don't smell, just that they pale in comparison to Durians. Hahaha...

A note to remember though. Durian shells (or outer skins or whatever you wanna call them, as long as they are the parts with lotsa thorns on them) could be green, light brown, orange, or a combination of any of those colours but buah 'Bukak' shells are always orange in colour. Bright orange. Dark orange. Whatever the shade of colour, it's ALWAYS orange so it's quite easy to differentiate them from Durians really!

I bought 7 biji for RM10. Super cheap!!! It's only the size of a softball (I hope I get that right) and I told the seller that I'm just buying RM10 to try them out and if they are really good, I'll go back to borong (translate : buy in bulks) from her... Hehehe.. I'm greedy when it comes to food. Ahhh...

This is how a buah 'Bukak' looks like... unopened



and opened... ^^



The isi of buah 'Bukak'



Check out the flesh!!! There aren't any seeds in them!!! It's all flesh!!! *drools*




Guess what? I came across this very unique seed. See? It's a 2 in 1. It looks like twins!!! My col wants it for keepsake. Maybe he's going to tanam (translate : plant) it.. hehehe



The buah 'Bukak' tasted superb! Words just don't do them justice. Go buy them and try them. Then you'll know ^_____^

Oh well, I'll admit it. We had quite a buah 'Bukak' fest just now. Me and two of my cols. It's a good change of pace, ya know.. doing something unusual, eventhough it's just eating...

I hope we get to pancing udang (translate : fishing for prawns) next. That would be fun! And I'd bring along my digicam for some cool action!!! Nyehahaha..

Having said that, I haven't really spend much time with my DigiCam. =(

But but but but... I'll get to it soon... so =)

Psssst... I just remembered the 'good' stuffs that I promised you all last night and well, I didn't quite get the chance and time to translate them cause of my 'extra' workload today in the office so I shall get it posted up tomorrow. I hope it's not too dull. Feedbacks are most welcomed. Arigato ne! ^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi...You ah...Durian lookalike also you never spare....

KiBiKiBi said...

Of coz!!!! Muahahaha! Why should I spare nice things in life wor? ;D