Monday, January 22, 2007

I've changed! I've changed!!! =D

I'm proud of what I did today. Here's how the story goes...

You see, I opened my rocketmail account last night and came across 4 numbers of "Circulation Due Reminder" issued by the local library here in Sarikei to me. I think I've deleted the rests due to annoyance. It's about the 3 books that I borrowed sometime back in October 2006 and expired on the 10th November 2006. I returned the books on the said expiry date but alas the library's computer system was down on that particular day. The lady over the counter advised me to just leave my books there at the counter and all shall be fine the next time I go there to borrow books. I shall not be fined and everything's gonna be allright. Well, nothing's right.

I kept getting these annoying reminders from them since Nov 2006 till 20th Jan 2007. At first I was baffled and quite quite pissed at this. I was like wtf is going on? Aren't they working? Did that lady over the counter swallow the books that I returned or what?? #^@!#%^^*%$#

I considered bombarding the library with threats, complains and demanding their higher supervisor in charge to EXPLAIN to me about wth happened. I wanted so badly to smoke the library! Seriously considered wrapping tonnes of firecrackers around the whole building, threw in loads of dynamites, splashed kerosene all over the library and set it on fire!!! Of course, that's how I normally thinks when I'm pissed and close to exploding.

Once I calmed down though, a thought occured in my mind. Why don't you try doing it the soft way? Just casually drop in with a smile, politely ask them to check things out and be patient. That's not so hard, right?

Now I have two options :-
  1. March in there like a general ready to kill, or...
  2. Just casually waltz in, act all kiddy and charming and ask for their help ever so politely to solve this issue.
I must have taken the wrong medicine. Either that, or I've entered the wrong body. I chose option (2). That was like, so NOT ME!

Anyway, I went to the library, waltzed in, plastered a HUGE smile on my face and politely asked the ladies at the counter to check on my library card and see if I could borrow books or not. They checked. I could imagine myself tapping my feet impatiently while they ever so slowly ... checked! Of course, I held myself tight tight, and mustered all the strength that I could to NOT tap my feet! And smile.. ^_________^

Guess what? It worked! They asked several questions, all of which I answered as politely as I could manage, and within seconds, they kicked into gear, and helped me to look for the books and solved the issue for me!It was done in like 10 minutes! And best of all, I need not even pay for the fines. Of coz, I wasn't supposed to be fined in the first place, since I returned the books in time but heck... hehehe

THAT was like...such a huge accomplishment to me. What's the accomplishment then, you may ask. Well, the fact that I held back instead of cursing out loud loud, and going for option (2) instead of (1). That was sooo hard for me! I never believe in being soft. I believed that being soft can't solve things. I prefered to be hard hard hard. Retaliation like paikia. Look at me the wrong way and I'll castrate you! Muahahaha... I sounded so bad, eh? But I intended to change this year, and I will. What happened in the library today was like my first big accomplishment this year!!! It sounds silly, but I'd love to share with everyone here, no matter how insignificant it is. I'll certainly write more...tee hee

I've changed, not much, just a tiny-weeny bit, but it's a change. It's good. And I shall keep it up. Pray for me yah!

In fact, I have more good stuffs coming in tomorrow so stay tuned! Till then, good night and sweet dreams minna... ^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ShOCK HORROR that YOU actually use the soft way... ;p

KiBiKiBi said...

Yessss!!! I guess it's God's talking cause I sorta hear this voice inside my head, nudging me to go the SOFT way. Thankfully I abided and everything turned out all right. Phew!!!