Friday, January 26, 2007

Dabai & Buah 'Bukak' Fest!!!

I went to buy Dabai and buah 'Bukak' this morning despite me being quite 'broke'. My plan to borong from the seller went into thin air as my col wouldn't come with me cause he has no money left to spare =.=''' Guys. *sigh*

So I was on my own. I bought 2 kgs of Dabai which costs RM7 per kg. They are huge, in fact, bigger than my thumb as you can see in the pic below. ^__^

Huge Dabai
Clearer pic of Dabai (a reader used to complain that I didn't show much Dabai cause I didn't take them out for clearer views so here it is now..hehe)
The moment I reached home, Dabai is the first food that I asked my mum to prepare as a side dish to dinner ^^. She poured hot boiling water over them and left them to soak for several minutes

Dabai cooking in hot water

I sapu habis (translate : cleared/finished everything) everything on the table...

... and then moved onto the next target --> buah 'Bukak'!!!

Yeah. I bought a whole BOX of them! Enough to feed an army. Wakaka. ^-^

My mum and sisters just couldn't wait anymore to dig in!!!In fact, they were hovering over the box since the very moment I opened them. Just like lalat (translate : housefly) Hahaha

They split open 2 biji while I was changing into comfy homey clothes. >__> Greedy bunch


An average sized buah 'Bukak'


Here's how you open them. Aim right...


Step on it, steadying applying pressure till it split (when you hear 'crack' lar)


Then, just open them up!!!


Tada!!!


I just can't get enough... ^^


And I luv it when it's huge and shiny and full of meat like thisss.. *drools*


The best part eating buah 'Bukak' is...


This!!!! The seed's so small it feels like nothing in your mouth!!!


All my sisters left this thin tiny piece of buah 'Bukak' alone cause they thought that there couldn't be possibly anything inside...


I proved how WRONG they are!!! Muahahaha


See?? Got meat lar!!! And I bet its...

Seedless!!!!! Nyahahaha!!! =D Itadaikimasu!!!!
Of coz, disasters may happen if you're not careful. Some of them are controllable, like this:

End result of applying too much pressure while trying to split it open. Greedy impatient lalat Hahaha (by one of my sis)

Unfortunately, some of the disasters are un-controllable ones... like this:

The moment she (same sis Hehehe) opened up the buah 'Bukak' , out came Mr. Wormy.. Hiak hiak hiak
She screamed and wailed and demanded for somebody or just anybody to kill it! You can see our familiarities here. Me with Mr. Spider and her with Mr. Wormy. Hahaha

By the time we're done, we were left with nothing but this:

One full box of buah 'Bukak' totally emptied ;P

Burp!!! I was so full I could barely move. But half an hour later, I was cruising the city with my whole family (minus my Dad, he prefers Internet <__<), and I was already offering different varieties of food to my family members. I even hinted them that I could start eating again. My mum laughed in amusement and asked whether I was trying to become the next Lydia Shum Din-ha (沈殿霞). My answer? Muahahahahaha!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, u r indeed the second in line to become Lydia Sum. Haha..eat more lar..later u gonna beat the 1st in line to become Lydia Sum. Kekekeke...it's you-know-who. Lol...95% completion...kekeke...jkjk

KiBiKiBi said...

Wei. I know I'm becoming 'fatter' but NOT that fat lar! I can't help being sooo 'pandai' eating mar... ;P

camy_she said...

Hai~~~ Who knows...se'pandai-pandai tupai melompat akhirnya jatuh ke tanah juga'. Huahaahahhahahaha...=P Memang 'pandai' eat..but see all those ppl who 'pandai' eat for the food show. They grew fatter n fatter. The next minutes, u won't even recognise them. Scary ler..kakaka...=D

Anonymous said...

EU....ULAT!!!!!