Monday, November 9, 2009

Please lar Streamyx, RIP!!! No one will miss you!

I woke up in confusion this morning because some morons disrupt my sleep 8++ in the morning. The first thing I saw when I opened my front door is the TM's van. Then realization hit me : Uh.. so there wasn't any prob with the port?

You see, last night I couldn't browse at all. I was connected but cannot browse. My modemn was fine but browser showed Loading loading loading... Tried for several hours still cannot load, then eventually I called 100 to complain. The lady in charge checked things for me and then confirmed that my port was down. I suspected it was the port because I checked with my friends who live within the vicinity and they do not have browsing problem. Ok. Port prob verified. Here's what ensued from the conversation with the TM's customer service 'officer' :-

Me: So it's a port prob?
TM: Yes. Your port is down. That's why you cannot surf.
Me: When can they fix it?
TM: I'll send technicians over tomorrow to check. It's too late now, cannot check.
Me: Check port ka?
TM: Yeah. Port.
Me: Where's the port?
TM: Kuching.
Me: Kuching where?
TM: ...
Me: Where's THE port?
TM: Erm..

(By this time, I was so irked, I understand how 'ignorant' people can be, so I kindly supplied an EXAMPLE)

Me: My house??
TM: No no no. Not your house.
Me: This port prob, is it my prob or TM's prob?
TM: TM's prob. Port is inside the server. Server is TM's, so it's TM prob.
Me: How long would it take?
TM: ...
Me: When can I use my internet???
TM: Cannot say.
Me: ... !@%#@%%&%#%$#@%!!!!!!!
TM: Anything else?
Me: Please fix it, otherwise I potong line lar. Tulan!

You'd think that's the end of the story right? Nope. The technician came, without calling, no appointments, no manner, acting as if I owed them a lifetime of debt. They were on their way into my house when I stopped them and asked them:-

Me: You checked the port already?
TM technician: What port?
Me: What are you here for?
TM technician: Check your stuffs.
Me: The lady last nite told me she'll send you guys to check the port. Have you checked the port?
TM technician: Check your house first then we go check port lar.
Me: I cannot let you in.
TM technician: Then we go lar.

Aiyah... go lar go lar. Ma cheebye. Come uninvited still wanna act macho and heroic. Bo-kah-see some more. Ptui!!!!!

I called 100 again and this time, the lady in charge (damn sombong some more) insisted that their technicians are the best when I complained about their competencies in their jobs. She couldn't answer me when I asked her why were they at my house and not checking the port at their server. She couldn't answer me regarding the procedures in these matter. She couldn't answer me anything. And she had the nerve to ask me what else I want. I want you damn assholes at TM to do your fucking job!

I tried browsing after that and luckily I could browse. Went to streamyx website, read on their troubleshooting shits, customer services shits and Fair Usage Policy shits. When I tried to summit a complaint, the site won't budge. So I e-mailed them the following. Guess what. I did not get a reply from them and my line works beautifully throughout the day without interruptions whatsoever. Kanneh Streamyx. You really enjoy being tiaw huh????

******************************************
PORT problem (URGENT)
From:
To: complaints@tm.com.my
Cc: help@tm.com.my
~~~~~~~~~~~

I went here http://www.tm.com.my/contact/forms/complaint.asp
just now and filled in the form and found that I cannot summit it. Can you tell me why I cannot summit it??? So I resorted to e-mail.

11/9/2009
Sender's Full Name
Sender's Full IC No.
Sender's e-mail address
Sender's landline No.

Complaints :

I've been having problem browsing internet for several months and lately, it was so ridiculous I cannot stand it anymore. I checked your troubleshooting site and found that I have no problem with faulty telephone lines (my line is good), wrong hardware set up (my hardware is set up properly cause it can definitely browse), modemn (cause I'm not having connection prob, my prob is I cannot browse!!), OS network configuring system (my Primary DNS: 202.188.0.133 and Secondary DNS: 202.188.1.5 which are both correct), antivirus/anti-spyware/anti-adware software from time to time (my antivirus & anti-spyware are up to date), incorrect browser configuration (no proxy setting and no default dialler), invalid login id or password (my id and password are working just fine).

It took me ages (few mins to few hours) just to load a page at times. I cannot check e-mails too or login to facebook.

I suspect the prob is a port prob so I called 100 last nite to check and the lady verified that the port at TM's server was down. I asked her why is it down she said dunno. I asked whether that is prob at MY side or SERVER side she said Server. Said she'll send technicians to check on the port the next morning.

Since it is obviously the port prob, then your technician should work on the port at your server. But no, they came early this morning, without calling whatsoever and demanded to check my house system. When I asked whether they have checked the port, they said they wanna check my house FIRST before checking the port. Since it was confirmed through your system checking at 100 last nite that your port was down, why don't you go check on your port first? Is TM trying to be funny in providing its services? Or are your technicians trying to be funny? I refused them entrance into my house because I do not trust them.

I am very disappointed with the way TM handles this. You do not solve problem but instead beat around the bush and try to do it the long winding difficult ways that inconvenienced the customers.

What Fair Usage Policy? I can't browse at all most of the times. Let alone download things.

Please bear in mind I'm not having connection prob. I AM CONNECTED. I just cannot load pages. CANNOT BROWSE. Just blanks. Sometimes can browse (half an hour or 1 to 2 hours, then cannot load at all. If I get lucky, I can browse, but VERY VERY VERY SLOW. SLOWER than dial-up connection!). Don't try to be funny with me : I know you can check everything from your server so go and do your work. I've checked everything so why don't you do your share. Go check your port please. Fix it. I'm paying every month to browse. I do not pay NOT TO browse. Get it? If you cannot solve this, forget it. I'll close account. End of story!

p/s : Your customer service at 100 was lousy. You think keeping quiet can solve prob? That your prob will disappear into thin air? And she insisted that the technicians are the best. If best then why give funny story? She just said need to check check check. By the time you finish checking when would that be? Months???? They don't know why the port is down and they wanna check my end? They cannot tell me why the port is down but they are the best technicians? What a great service. You have something funnier to tell me?? I can't wait. Enlighten me. I wanna see your reply.

Thank you.

From,
Very Irritated Customer
******************************************

1 comment:

kelll said...

waaa..the same problem happen to me since last week.