Sunday, June 10, 2007

accidents everywhere

I've just came back from Sibu. I drove back on my own from Sibu to Sarikei. Halfway through though, I came across a terrible accident.

The white Kancil was upside down (not like overturned turtle, more like its lying on its side) and the passenger(s) were out. On the road.

I didn't really look or stare or anything. I tried to divert my eyes and pretended nothing was there.

The truth is, there were close to 10 cars stopping by both sides of the roads to get a better view. 2 fully loaded buses too. Yes. They stopped their vehicles, came out and walked all the way to the scene to check things out.

Gross!! Why the fuck are people so kaypoh one?

And then I noticed a reporter. With my trained eyes, I can easily spot those busybodies/fucking reporters even before they flash out their goddamn cameras. The way they hurriedly walked/jogged to the scene, eager faces, hands always on their bag/pouch or whatever shit it is that housed their cameras.

A woman was lying on her side (her back facing me when I passed by the scene). I also noticed some by-passers digging out stuffs from the overturned white kancil and then piling them up on top of her.

Does that mean she's dead?

I bet other passengers have been sent to the nearest hospital. The woman lying there could not be the driver.

How do I know? Through my 6th sense lor. You choy meh? If wrong mah wrong lor. No need to die one!

Before reaching the scene, I saw 2 very long, black, fresh tyre tracks on the road. Skidding marks. Kinda like those stuffs you see on CSI series. It means the car was traveling super fast and then suddenly braked and skidded off the road. And then overturned and all those bla bla bla shits. Otherwise you wouldn't see those tracks on the road.

I'm glad that I watched CSI and can sorta guess what happened earlier. The scene and everything. On the other hand, I'm not as glad cause the imagination is scaring me so much I refused to look further or any longer just now and I cowardly just eased off, putting more distance between me and the accident scene.

And to those damn toto/big sweep/number buyers - NOPE. I didn't even notice the vehicle number.

This incident reminds me of the accidents that I saw last few weeks. It was the recent trip I took back to Kuching and as usual, I boarded a bus. And choy choy choy! I saw 4 accidents along the road. Well 3 accidents actually. The other one is just a car breakdown.

Here's what I remember about those accidents:-

One involving a red Hilux which tried to overtake the car in front of it without realizing our bus which was overtaking at the same time too. The Hilux driver was so shocked upon noticing the bus when he turned out that he made a sudden lunge to the left side and then wham! His whole car was spinning uncontrollably and ended up in the longkang on the left side of the road. Lucky for him it's only a drain there! The ravine is on the right side!!! He should thank whatever God he is worshiping BIG TIME!!!

Second one involves a Kancil (as well duh!). It was stuck inside the huge drain by the roadside. The whole car was INSIDE the drain! Apparently, the driver lost control of the car and somehow ended up trapped inside the drain. I noticed that they unwound the windows in order to climb out from the Kancil. They couldn't open the doors!

Third one was a nasty accident as well. I can't remember the details but a Kancil was involved as well (damn Kancil drivers). Half of its body was totally crushed like a matchbox. The tow truck was there to haul it back for repair. I doubt they can ever repair that piece of shit ever. It'll probably ended up being metal scrap. And I doubt the driver or passenger in front can survive. They're probably in the bilik mayat (translate : mortuary) by now.

Fourth one wasn't an accident. The car just broke down in the middle of nowhere. The poor driver. He should have checked his vehicle before traveling. *sigh*

Each time I traveled, I was so worried that I won't be able to make it safely back home! The way THAT particular bus driver drives, I'm never ever gonna take ANY bus from that company ever! Pui!

And each time I'm driving, it doesn't matter how safely I drive. I'm worried that other MORONS of a driver will ram their car into me! Or the damn trailer carrying those humongous kayu balak will somehow has a loose piece. Imagine those huge shits falling down from the fucking trailer onto you when you're trailing behind it. Fuck! You'd be a goner in seconds!

Damn lousy Sarawak roads and KNN drivers are everywhere! Aiyoh! No peace I tell you NO PEACE!!!

*slaps forehead*

Aiyoyo!!!

3 comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

I agreed with the road conditions. There are too many holes and uneven level on the road of Malaysia today. Either the tar used on the road is not enough to fill up all the holes or the workers are having "tidak apa" attitude to even care for the safety of road users.

Anonymous said...

hey hey thanks for coming over to Sibu over the weekends..If not sure die of boredom...;p

KiBiKiBi said...

criz lai : It's more likely the latter attitude. Dang frustrating.

wps : Hehehe. No problems! You take care yah!